Alberta Cup #1 & #2 – Canmore
Archives > June 2014
Sarah Tipples, Marin Cislo and Will Rickard have been selected for the Alberta Development Team for 2014 -2015. While this is the second year that Marin has been on the ADT, it is the first time for Sarah and Will.
Congratulations to all three for reaching this goal, and every success in the coming season.
Congratulations to ENSC athletes, Pearce Hanna, Nate Gerwing and David Singleton,who have been selected to the Biathlon Alberta Year 4, CWG Training Squad. These three senior ENSC athletes, will be eligible to attend special CWG training camps and competition trips.
The Games are in Prince George, BC, where we attended Western Championships in February this year.
Final selection of 4 males and 4 females for the CWG Team Alberta will take place in open competition, early in January 2015.
Biathlon Head Coach – Edmonton Nordic Ski Club – May 2015
The Edmonton Nordic Ski Club (ENSC) is looking for a new Biathlon Head Coach to begin coaching as of May 01, 2015. This is a full-time year-round permanent position. Edmonton is the capital city of Alberta, Canada. Alberta is a western Canadian province, home to Banff, Lake Louise, Jasper, Canmore, and the Rocky Mountains.
ENSC is a large and growing club of over 1000 members, with approximately 55 actively racing Biathletes ranging in age from 8 years to 50 years +. We have several volunteer and paid part-time Biathlon coaches. Other programs include Nordic ski racing, Jackrabbit, and recreational ski programs. The Club maintains two Nordic ski facilities including a biathlon range, within city limits. Snow making is planned to begin in the 2015-16 season.
- Certified at Competition Development level in the National Coaching Certification Program (NCCP) of Canada or international equivalent, with intent to become certified at Level 4.
- Corresponding experience as a Biathlon coach and/or competitive Biathlete
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Ability to work successfully with athletes of all ages
- Ability to provide training and direction to volunteer parents and coaches
- Experience maintaining firearms and biathlon ranges an asset
- Experience or certification as a biathlon official desirable.
- Able to travel within western Canada to races and camps
- Current Canadian firearms Possession and Acquisition License (PAL) or intent to obtain one
- Deliver a dryland and on-snow Biathlon program, in coordination with other Biathlon and Nordic coaches, that is consistent with the Biathlon Canada Long Term Athlete Development Model.
- Develop and administer the Biathlon programs in coordination with volunteer ENSC board members and the Nordic program Head Coach
- Maintain 0.177 air rifles and the Club’s rental .22 calibre rifles
- Coordinate and direct the maintenance of the Biathlon range with volunteers
- Deliver competition support, including waxing, to ENSC athletes with volunteers and other ENSC coaches
- Customize individual training programs for Train To Compete stage athletes as appropriate.
Please submit your resume in MS Word or PDF format via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
This competition will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.