2016 is an Alberta Winter Games year!
The Games will be held in Medicine Hat, in February, 2016.
ZONES: We are in Zone 6 (Edmonton City).
- If you have an address in Edmonton, you can compete for Zone 6.
- Leduc, you are in Zone 5, Hinton, and need to go to those Zone trials.
- Sherwood Park, you are in Zone 5, Hinton, and need to go to those Zone trials.
- St. Albert, you are in Zone 5, Hinton, and need to go to those Zone trials.
FINAL SELECTION DECISION:
We would like to maximize the number of ENSC athletes who go to AWG.
The Biathlon and Cross Country AWG Registration deadlines are both Jan. 05, 2016.
In order to maximize the number of ENSC athletes who can go to AWG in either discipline, the Zone 6 Coordinators will hold the Trials before Christmas.
We will do all the paper work early, and once we know the Trial results, we will consult with you and make choices that optimize the number of ENSC athletes, across both disciplines, who can attend.
BIATHLON TRIALS, Edmonton Zone 6 :
- DEV -1 Rifles, Prone, with rest (11 – 14), at Calforex #1, Dec 12, Canmore
- DEV -2 Rifles, Prone, no rest (15-16), at Calforex #1, Dec 12, Canmore
- Registration paperwork deadline: Dec. 13, 2015
- Air Rifles 2 (11-14), at ENSC Biathlon Facility, Wed. Dec. 16, 18:30, Edmonton
- Registration paperwork deadline: Dec. 17, 2015
CROSS COUNTRY TRIALS, Edmonton Zone 6 :
- All 3 categories, AB Cup, Strathcona Wilderness Centre, Dec 19th, 2015
- Registration paperwork deadline: Dec. 20, 2015
We will send out registration details separately.
If we don’t have your paper work and registration cheque by the dates indicated above,
your child will not be part of the optimization process.
If your child wants a chance to go, you need to fill out the forms!
Registration cheques will not be sent in unless an athlete is selected to go.