IT’S TIME TO BOOGIE!!
Registration for the 2018 Fast Trax “Beat the Blues Boogie” is now open, click HERE to sign up!
Gear up for the 2018 Fast Trax “Beat the Blues Boogie Loppet” on Sunday March 4th, hosted by the Strathcona Wilderness Centre. The tradition continues with this year’s edition, raising funds for cancer research in the name of Roger Tetrault. This year we will be doing something for our dear ski friend Julie Witten-Land, who has been diagnosed with Stage 4 Breast Cancer. Presently Julie is starting chemotherapy and potentially some alternative medicine to cure this disease. Instead of donating all entry fees to the Alberta Cancer Foundation, we will be donating the proceeds from the event to Julie’s GoFundMe Page, hoping to raise funds for her cancer treatments.
This is a fun race to keep up the spirit of the season and to help out our ski friend Julie; the event is free technique (FT), with a classic track for the sit skis and little striders. Every skier registered will receive a Fast Trax pom-pom toque; these will be handed out at bib pickup.
We will also have a number of Nordic equipment suppliers out setting up tents in front of the SWC Skiers Lounge to demo products:
Supplier Tent City – 10:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.: Salomon, Fischer, Swix, Madshus
• 2 km FT 1 x 2 km loop: Jackrabbit / Bunny Boys & Girls
• 4 km Para 2 x 2 km loop: Sit Ski Sport, Para Standing
• 4 km FT 1 x 4 km loop: Youth Boys & Girls, Para Standing, Sit Ski Open
• 8 km FT 2 x 4 km loop: Junior/Open Men & Women, Para Standing, Sit Ski Open
• 16 km FT 4 x 4 km loop: Open Men & Women
• 24 km FT 6 x 4 km loop: Open Men & Women
• Open Men – 20 and over
• Open Women – 20 and over
• Sit Ski – any age, LW 10-12 class
• Para Standing – any age, LW2-9 and B1-3 class
• Junior Men – 16 to 19
• Junior Women – 16 to 19
• Youth Boys – 15 and under
• Youth Girls – 15 and under
• Jackrabbits / Bunnies – 11 and under
*Youth, Junior and older Jackrabbits may register up categories
• 9 a.m. bib pick up @ SWC Skiers Lounge
• 9:55 a.m. race briefing at start line
• 10 a.m. race start
• Wave start by distance
• Start area is on Fox trail below the Meadow grid, across from the Information Centre
We will have an aid station set up at the start finish area with the following fuel for skiers:
• Water, Gatorade, fruit, cookies
• $10 for Junior and Open
• $5 for Youth and Jackrabbits
• All proceeds donated to Julie’s cancer treatment
Registration closes Saturday at 6:00.