It is great to see that so many of you have signed up for the Cookie race. Very exiting to have such a large ENSC representation! Below are the glide and base wax recommendations. Give yourself 1.5 to 2 hours before the race start to finalize the kick wax. We have an ENSC table set up and we can certainly help you with grip waxing.
On Saturday evening Wietske would like to invite you all to a potluck dinner in her room at the Rocky Mountain Ski Lodge at 5:30 pm. She will let us know the room number on Saturday. It will be a great way to celebrate the day’s race and socialize with your ski friends. 🙂
- Glide would likely be a green LF or HF, if you have it.
- If not the HF4 the HF5 or LF5 would be a good alternative
- Start Green is always a contender as is SWIX Marathon – huge range
- After sanding the grip zone with 100-120 grit paper (NOTE: tip to tail direction)
- Apply and iron in a thin layer of base binder. Thin = a little thicker than vapour (see above)
- Vauhti K-Base, Vauhti Super Base, SWIX Base Binder, RODE Base Binder are all good
- Let cool
- Iron in a thin layer of Vauhti K-18 and cork smooth. Alternatively use Rode Multigrade, or SWIX VR40 or Blue Extra.
- Once the grip wax has been determined (at the race site on Saturday morning) add an additional 3-5 THIN layers corked in if doing up to 24km and 5-7 thin layers if doing the 42km
- REMEMBER: # of layers also depends on the stiffness of your skis. Stiffer skis need more layers!!!
- And layers using a “pyramid style” – 2 layers full length, two layers from half way under the foot to 3-4 cm short of the front of the full wax pocket, and 2 layers just under the ball of the foot and same distance ahead the binding.