General Summer Training
- Mondays – Youth Strength Training at Performance 104 and Biathlon at the Range
- Tuesdays – General Training
- Wednesdays – Adult Strength Training at Performance 104 and Biathlon at the Range
- Thursdays – Ski Specific Training
- Saturdays – Adventure Saturdays, Adult Roller Skiing and Biathlon at the Range
Highlights Coming UP:
- Pole, Pedal, Pound – Saturday July 15
- Jasper Camp – July 17 to July 21
Monday July 10:
- Biathlon – At the Range. Check with your coaches!!
- XC – Performance 104 Strength Training
- 4:30 to 5:30
Tuesday July 11:
- Which Programs: General Training
- When: 6:30-8:00 PM
- Where: Hawrelak Park.
- Warm-Up Routine
- Relays, Relays, Relays
- Core and “8” Pushups
- Technique: Running
- What to Bring: Appropriate training clothes for the weather, running shoes, drinkbelt, and some dry clothes to change into afterwards. Check the weather.
- Always bring a change of clothes to change into after training!! You never know!
Wednesday July 12:
- Biathlon – At the Range
- Adult Strength Training
- Performance 104
- 6:30 to 7:30
- Bring INDOOR Shoes!!!
- XC: Suggested training:
- LSD – up to 2 hrs.
- Run, bike, or roller ski
- NOTE: LSD stands for Long, SLOW, Distance
- This means you go slow, you can keep a conversation going the whole time, and you are NOT competing with your training partner to go as fast as you can!! Your HR monitor MUSt show that you are in Z1 the whole time!!
- LSD – up to 2 hrs.
Thursday July 13:
- When: 6:30 to 8:00
- What: Ski Specific Training!!
- Where: McKinnon Ravine
- Technique: CLASSIC Roller Skiing
- What to Bring: SK RS gear – check the weather 🙂
Friday July 14:
- Recovery Day
- Easy run/walk, some core, and light stretching.
Saturday July 15:
- Adult Roller Skiing – CL roller Skis
- 8:30 am to 10:00
- Meet in Capilano
- Youth Adventure Saturday
- Pole, Pedal, Pound
- Location TBD
- Soccer 🙂
Sunday July 16:
- What: Self Directed training
- LSD Training up to 2 hrs
- Bike, Roller Ski, or run 🙂
- Those going to Jasper…will be packing and getting ready 🙂