Adult Racing (AR)
Are you ready to bring your fitness to a new level? Do you want to fine-tune your racing skills? The Adult Development Racing (AR) program will focus on both physical and cognitive aspects of training. The program aims to integrate endurance and power into your ski performance and develop self-awareness as a skier. Coaches are present at every session to help you improve and achieve a competitive level of competence in order to race at a Provincial level or higher. Participants will be divided into training groups based on skill and fitness. Skiers will run, stride, and do general strength training during dryland sessions, as well as have the opportunity to roller ski. On-snow sessions will include skiing continuously for up to 1.5hrs and will include technique and intensity training. Full weekly training plans will be provided and additional training outside formal ENSC sessions is expected. Participants will identify the group’s focus-races for the season. Coach support will be provided for key loppets and races.
- Adults who want to race
- Adults with intermediate classic AND skate skiing abilities
- Adults who have an intermediate level of fitness.
September 4, 2018 – March 23, 2019
- Tuesdays 6:30-8:00 pm
- Thursday 6:30-8pm
- Saturdays 9-11 am, following November 11, 2017 practice will move to 10am-12pm
Please note: sessions are run at the same time as other ENSC training groups for the convenience of families.
- Training sessions based on an Annual Training Plan (ATP)
- General weekly and daily training plans
- Coached training sessions
- Coach support at key events
- Ski Camp during Christmas Break
- ENSC Warm-up Jacket and toque J
- $385 1 x week (Biathletes only have the option to register for 1 day-a-week).
- $752 2 x week
- $1102 3 x week
- Plus ENSC Club Membership (Click HERE for link to Membership benefits)
- Optional: $150 for *NEW* ENSC Warm-Up jacket and toque
NOTE: The following are NOT included
- Wax fees for racing are NOT included in registration fees and calculated and charged separately should you want ENSC to wax your skis.
- The ENSC Lake Louise Camp will be held November 10-12, 2017. The camp is not included in registration and ENSC will NOT have pre-booked rooms for participants. You will be responsible for finding your own accommodations with HI-Hostel Lake Louise or nearby hotels.
- Dryland locations will vary: Hawrelak Park, Goldbar, Edmonton Ski Club
- On-snow @ Goldbar and occasionally at other venues in the Capital Region. We can now expect a longer snow season with snowmaking capabilities at Goldbar!
*Last minute changes to locations and training plans can occur due to weather. Please keep up to date with training information on TEAM SNAP.
- Boots: 1 pair of classic boots, 1 pair of skate boots; combi or combination (skate and classic) boots are acceptable
- Skis: 1 pair of classic skis, 1 pair of skate skis, but Combi skis are not suitable.
- Poles: 1 pair of classic length poles, 1 pair of skate length poles
- Ski striding poles for dryland training (7-10 cm shorter than your classic poles)
- Rental of roller skis for dryland training is available through ENSC and is NOT included in registration fees.
- Basic Wax Kit. Click HERE for the content of the Basic Wax Kit
- “Rock” skis are recommended for early and late season training.