Youth Racers (YR) Cross-Country & Biathlon – Learn to Compete (L2C)
At this stage, athletes are already strong in fundamental ski skills, are establishing speed and strength as skiers and now are ready to integrate endurance and power into their ski performance. The Youth Racers (YR) group aims to further develop skier’s self-awareness and independence. Training plans will be provided and additional training outside formal ENSC sessions is expected. The YR program will focus on both physical and cognitive aspects of training.
Program objectives include:
- Learning independent training habits,
- Beginning or continuing systematic training
- Increasing training knowledge and involvement with planning,
- Targeting efforts on specific goals,
- Provincial and/or National level race participation throughout the season.
- Team building
- Athletes wanting to participate in YR must have prior approval from the Head Coach.
- Skiers need to be committed to compete in Provincial and National level races
- Skiers need to be highly motivated and interested in improving personal skiing performance
- Suggested Age Range: 15+
September 4, 2018 –March 23, 2019
- YR Tuesday 6:30 PM – 8 PM
- YR Wednesday 6:30-8pm
- YR Thursdays 6:30 PM – 8 PM
- YR Saturdays 9-11 am, following November 11, 2017 practice will move to 10am-12pm
Please note: Cross-Country skiers must commit to a minimum of 2 out of the 4 formal training days. Biathletes only have the option to register for 1 day-a-week.
- $330 1 x week for biathletes only
- $645 2 x week
- $945 3 x week
- $1230 4 x week
- Plus ENSC Club Membership (Click HERE for link to Membership benefits)
- Coaching and individual ATP by Head Coach
- ATP and training sessions based on the Cross Country Canada (CCC) Long Term Athlete Development (LTAD) model
- Coach support at events
- Monthly week-end training camps during the dryland season
- Ski Camp during Christmas Break
- ENSC Warm-up Jacket and toque
NOTE: The following are NOT included
- Wax fees for racing are NOT included in registration fees calculated and charged separately. It is the expectation that parents help wax skis for races/events.
- The CCA Jasper Super Camp on September 8-10, 2017 and the CCA Lake Louise Camp on November 10-12, 2017 are not included in the YD fees.
- Dryland locations will vary: Hawrelak Park, Goldbar, Edmonton Ski Club
- On-snow @ Goldbar. We can now expect a longer snow season with snowmaking capabilities at Goldbar!
*Last minute changes to locations and training plans can occur due to weather. Please keep up to date with training information on TEAM SNAP.
- YR skiers are encouraged to have separate race and training/warm-up skis.
- Suggested skis are:
- Cold and warm Classic skis
- Cold and Warm Skate skis
- Basic Wax Kit
- Rental of roller skis for dryland training is available through ENSC and is NOT included in registration fees.
- Ski striding poles are needed for dryland training (7-10 cm shorter than your classic poles)
- “Rock” skis are recommended for early and late season training.