Trails and Facilities
- Trail reports for Edmonton Nordic groomed trails in Goldbar, Goldstick, Capilano and Strathcona Science Park can be found HERE. (Thanks to our groomer Dave Storey for his excellent work this season)
- City of Edmonton Cross Country Skiing information and trail conditions HERE
- Trail reports for nordic ski areas around Northern Alberta can be found here thanks to Doug Wiens
- Trail Reports and more for southern Alberta, with thanks to Skier Bob’s website
- NEW: Trail Report Map can be found here thanks to Jeff Schlachter
- Trail reports for beyond Alberta can be found here soon
Goldbar and Goldstick
Edmonton Nordic runs all winter cross country programs from the Goldbar lodge. Trails from the lodge include:
- 50th Street loop
- Lake loop
Goldstick park and lodge are the Centre from which many of our race events are hosted, such as Alberta Cup, and Jackrabit Jump events. Trails from this lodge include:
- Esso Hill trail
- Creek Crossing loop
- South loop
Edmonton Nordic Biathlon Centre is located in Strathcona Science Park, 10980 – 17th street NW.
At the Biathlon Centre a number of trails are regularly groomed on varied terrain in the Strathcona Science Park, both north and south of the Range. Usually groomed for skate skiing, these trails are also used for competitions. Skiers may use the Volunteer Hut as a shelter.
Trails are coded with the standard Biathlon Alberta colour scheme. Longer loops generally have more challenging terrain.
Short Trails: (Sprints, Technique, Jack Rabbits, Under-15 Biathlon)
Longer Trails: (Track Attack to Adult Racers, Rifle Biathlon, Fartlek skiing)