Week #13 of 2018-19
- There is NO formal training this week – contact teammates and train together :-).
- Suggested training below!
- Week #2 of the Ski Specific Dryland training
- Week #2 – Volume Week
- Adult Roller Ski – There will be NO Adult Roller Skiing this week either!!!
Monday July 23:
- XC: Adult Strength at Performance 104
- Monday at 6:30 pm to 7:30 pm
Tuesday July 24:
- Who: Summer Training Athletes
- Where: You Choose
- When: Your Choice 🙂
- Coach Driven – Continuing second week of volume Training
- Technique: Suggested Running Intervals and BRING striding Poles!!!
- Warm Up: 5/5/5 (20 min 😉
- Spenst/ski striding w/poles: Efforts at every 90s (10x8s w/82s R)
- On moderately flat terrain:
- 3-4 x 8min Z4 (8 x 30s Z4/30Z1) w/2min R between sets
- 10 min cool down
- “6 push-ups”
Wednesday July 25:
- XC – Suggested Training LSD
- 1.5 to 2 hrs slow, easy run or bike (make sure it is Z1!!!)
Thursday July 26:
- Who: Year Round Athletes in the Summer Program
- Where: You Choose.
- When: When you decide it’s a good time 🙂
- “Natural Strength”, Core, and “Base Training” on SKATE roller skis
- Technique: SKATE Roller skiing – in varied terrain
- 15 min Easy ski
- 15 min “legs” only
- 20 min 1-SK (on gradual incline if available)
- 5min T-Rex
- 5min Waltz Drill
- 10 min
- 3min – 3x same leg
- 3min – 2x same leg
- 4 min – Pyramid – 1-2-3-2-1 x per leg
- 10 x 8s (Hop skate on steep hill)
- 30 min easy, deliberate, and focussed skiing – think long glide, box, look over each ski, angle at the ankle, AND very little “hinging” at the hip!!
Friday July 27:
- Recovery Day
- Easy run/walk/ski, some core, and light stretching.
Saturday July 28:
- Summer Program
- Where: At your discretion
- When: When it best suits you!!
- Technique: Run or Skate or Classic Roller Skiing
- Natural Intervals
- Choose terrain that is very varied
- Keep your speed fairly constant
- Choose roughly a Z2 effort/speed on the flats
- This will become Z3 or Z4 when you start climbing
- Maintaining a constant speed is challenging but that is your goal!!! Your HR will be all over the place as a result 🙂
- Natural Intervals
- Adult Roller Ski:
- There will be NO Adult RS sessions for this week or next (two weeks off)
Sunday July 29:
- Self directed training. Long Slow Distance (LSD)
- Up to 2.5 hrs.
Good LucK everyone!! See you next Tuesday!