- Coming Up:SWC Training – Saturday September 28 – All ENSC training at SWC from 9:30 to 11:00
- NOTE START TIME – we start at 9:30 to allow travel time to SWC
- ENSC Annual General Meeting (AGM) this Saturday
- September 28 @ 4:00 pm – 7:00 pm
- SWC Open House and Trail Run – Sunday September 29
- Fast Trax Run & Ski – Roller Ski event – Sunday Oct 6
- Frozen Thunder – Canmore, AB – October 25-27
- Lake Louise Camp – November 8-10
Monday September 23:
- Strength Training
- Strength as usual
Tuesday September 24:
- Who: All XC Program
- Where: Edmonton Ski Hill. Click for directions!
- When: 6:30 to 8:00 pm
- What: “We are down to business” Training
- Coach Directed Training (Usually Intensity)
- Warm-UP, Followed by specific training, and finish with Core/Strength
- Bring: Striding Poles, drink belt, warm change of clothes to change into after
Wednesday September 25:
- XC – On Your Own
- 1.0 to 2.0 hrs run or Roller Ski (This is Z1 , which means “conversation” pace)
- Consider Frank McNamara Fall XC Race Series. Click HERE for more info
Thursday September 26:
- Strength and Technique Thursdays
- Who: 3x/week Program
- Where: Kinsmen Sports Centre
- When: 6:30 to 8:00 pm
- What: SKATE Roller Skiing
- Various drills, strength , and agility on RS’s
- Bring: SK Roller Ski equipment (RS, poles, helmet, boots, gloves), drink belt, warm change of clothes to change into for “after”…and make sure your pole tips are SHARP!!
Friday September 27:
- Easy run/walk/ski, some core, and light stretching.
Saturday September 28:
- Who: All Programs
- Where: STRATHCONA WILDERNESS CENTRE (SWC) – Click HERE for directions
- SWC has some of the best trails in Alberta and has the best grooming! Not only an amazing place to ski, but to hike, explore, x-c run, or even camp for a night or three.
- SWC is a gem in the Capital Region. ENSC greatly benefits from having this facility so close.
- We want to show our support of this jewel in the Wilderness!!
- …and to introduce SWC to those who may not be aware of them.
- Their Open House is Sunday from 1:00-4:00 pm and includes a FUN RUN
- When: 9:30 am to 11:00 am – NOTE the start time to allow for extra travel.
- Coach Driven Workouts/sessions
- Acclimation Training (get used to ski training again – 2 weeks)
- Bring: What your coaches have asked you to bring, plus Ski Striding poles, change of clothes for after, and your drink belt 😀
Sunday September 29:
- SWC Open House and Fun Run
- Sunday, September 29 from 1 p.m. to 4 p.m.
- Suggested Training
- Run, roller ski or bike
- 1 to 2 hrs
- LSD – long, slow, distance (Conversational pace)