Coming UP…In the Next Month or So.
- Frozen Thunder for Youth Racers (some) – Friday Oct 30 to Sunday November 1
- Saturday October 31 – Halloween Event
- ENSC Ski Swap –
- NOTE: There is NO Lake Louise Camp this year due to COVID
- First Flakes Loppet – Saturday November 21
- Zoom Strength w/Carl
- Tuesday All Program Groups – Goldbar Park (Under the Lights)
- Thursday – Am Group and PM Group
- AM Group – Adult Day Training Group
- Details to Come – Keilor Rd.
- PM Group at Kinsmen Fitness Centre
- Adults – Drills/Technique on Roller Skis
- Youth – Variety of Strength/Drills/a Game🤔? 😀
- AM Group – Adult Day Training Group
- All Programs – at Hawrelak Park (Parking Lot closest to Pedestrian Bridge)
Monday October 26:
- Zoom Strength w/Carl (Additional Cost – not part of regular programming)
- 6:30 – 7:30 (Session Full)
Tuesday October 27:
- Who: All Programs 😀
- Where: Goldbar Park (Meet outside the Pavilion))
- Click HERE for location and directions
- Time: 6:30 pm to 8:00
- All Groups
- Coach Directed Intensity
- Warm Up (5/5/5 and to include activation and mobility)
- Intensity workout
- Bring: Check w/Coach, but include a HEADLAMP, a drink belt, striding poles, and a change of clothes (at least a dry shirt). It gets cool once the sun sets…and it’s DARK too now 😳!
Wednesday Oct 28:
- Distance/Recovery Ski/Training Day
- Ski/Run/Ride 1.5 to 2 hrs at Z1 depending on your Training Plan
Thursday October 29:
- AM: Adult Day Training Starts
- Who: Adult Racers/Development Day Group
- Where: Keilor Rd
- When: 10:00 am to 11:30 am
- What: TBD
- Technique: TBD
- Bring: Yourself!
- PM: Thursday Drills/Technique
- Who: Thursday Drills/Technique Group
- Where: Kinsmen Park (First Parking Lot closest to Walterdale Bridge)
- When: 6:30 to 8:00
- What: Mobilization, Coordination, and Technique work
- Technique: Roller Skis for Some and Running Shoes for Others
- Adults w/Wietske – SK Roller Ski
- Youth w/Ulf – SK or CL (bring what you have)
- Youth w/Ember – Running Shoes and Striding poles
- Bring: A Headlight and wear BRIGHT AND REFLECTIVE clothing, appropriate training equipment, and a change of clothes for after (It’s COLD out now!!)
Friday October 30:
- Active Rest Day
- Complete rest – (NO training) or active/recovery training.
- I.E. go for a walk or bike ride but keep it very, very light.
Saturday October 31: Halloween
- Who: All Groups
- Where: Goldbar Park Click HERE for location and directions.
- Time: 10:00 am to 12 Noon
- What: “Scare O”
- an orienteering event for our entire club to take part in.
- We will need the entire class time to collect the 30 controls located around Gold Bar Park.
- Some are easier than others.
- Come dressed in your outdoor Halloween costume! You are free to go on teams of 2-3 or as a family!
- The younger Track Attack athletes will need an adult to help teams with map reading, and not getting lost. We will require about 5-6 parents to volunteer with teams. Thanks!
- This is a super fun event!!!
- You will be sent the map to familiarize with, but please don’t go and find them all before Saturday morning. That would be unfair. You can have the map on your phone, but will be provided printed copies along with control sheets.
- Each control will have a letter that you will write on your answer sheet. You will find out what each control is worth in terms of points on Saturday morning, and then you can plan which controls you want to get first.
- For extra points you can make words with the letters you find. Like Scrabble.
- What to bring:
- Ziploc if desired for holding printed map.Writing utensil (pencil or pen or marker)Halloween costume A snack or water for during or after class
- Meet on grass by picnic shelter outside Gold Bar pavilion at 10:10 so we can get started with the opening ceremonies. (just kidding, there will be a simple introduction for anyone who didn’t read this email. )
- See you on Saturday!
- Bring: Costume, a drink belt, compass if you have one, and a change of clothes (at least a dry shirt).
Sunday November 1:
- 1 to 2 hrs Long Slow Distance – LSD (Refer to your Training Plans)
- Add 4-6 sprints of 10-15 seconds after 30-40min. Spread these out over the course of the workout.