- *REMINDER* – We will need to bring and wear masks/face coverings to training
- NEW* – COVID-19 influenced ski and trail etiquette and protocols to come!
- Nordic Throwdown – January 2 to January 31 – Virtual Races at SWC
- Register and ski the 2.5 SK Sprint self-timed event
- December Distance Challenge
- Rack up the kilometres in December
- Christmas/Holiday Break – December 23 to January 2
- NO Zoom Strength w/Carl
- Tuesday – NO FORMAL TRAINING
- Thursday – NO FORMAL TRAINING
- Official Training Starts – Goldbar Park
Monday December 28:
- Zoom Strength w/Carl (Additional Cost – not part of regular programming)
- 6:30 – 7:30
Tuesday December 29: NO Formal Training
- Challenge yourself and do some extra long distance
- 2.5 to 3.5 hrs.
Wednesday December 30:
- Distance/Recovery Ski/Training Day
- Ski/Run/Ride 1.5 to 2 hrs at Z1 depending on your Training Plan
Thursday December 31: New Year’s Eve
- NO FORMAL TRAINING
- SUGGESTED TRAINING
- Distance or Strength Skiing
- 1 to 1.5 hours
- Strength on Skis:
- Legs only
- Upper Body Only
- Uphill Double Poling
- Super-Slow 1-Sk or DP up a steep hill
Friday January 1: New Year’s DAY
- Active Rest Day
- Complete rest – (NO training) or active/recovery training.
- I.E. go for a walk or light ski, but keep it very, very light.
Saturday January 2: First Day Back to Formal Training
- Who: All Programs 😀
- Where: Goldbar Park (Meet outside the Pavilion)
- Time: 10:00 am to 12 noon
- All Groups
- Warm Up (5/5/5 and to include activation and mobility)
- Intensity workout
- SKATE – but If in doubt, bring both sets of equipment.
- Bring: Face covering (mask or Buff) a drink belt, SKATE gear Some warm clothes for after!!
Saturday January 2: SK Sprint Throwdown Starts (SWC – 2.6km SK)
- Long slow Distance (LSD)
- Consider going to SWC for a distance ski.