All Formal training CANCELLED this WEEK!!
This due to the extreme cold. We cancel formal training at -20C without windchill. This week the forecasted highs are to remain well below this until, perhaps, Saturday. As such we will be proactive and cancel. Should there be a warming trend formal group training will resume.
No AB Cups (Racing)!!
If you haven’t heard, the the adjusted AB Cup schedule has been cancelled due to continued Covid restrictions. There is an outside chance that an AB Cup weekend may be held in April in Canmore. Stay tuned.
So what do we do, we who are training to race, when there are no races? We forge ahead, prepare as though a race season will happen. If not this year then next year. We are in the fortunate situation of being able to practice our sport, able to train on snow, at the venues that prepare tracks and groom, and with the equipment we would normally use.
Most other sports have had to shut down and their training has had to be curtailed, they’ve had to become creative with their training, trained mostly at home, and greatly modified. But not us. We haven’t been able to race, but we’ve done time trials and throw downs, and we’ve been able to push our selves in training against our peers and teammates!
This coming week is going to be very cold, in fact too cold to hold formal group training. Unless there is a huge shift, all training this week will be cancelled. This means that for a week (or so) we will be like every other sport and will have to shut down and be creative in what we do at home and by ourselves.
- The DEEP FREEZE has hit!! And will be here for about a week.
- *REMINDER* – We will need to bring and wear masks/face coverings to training
- Don’t forget to fill in the “COVID” Checklist!!
- Nordic Throwdown Classic
- SWC – Moose Loop
- 2.3km, 4.6km, or 9.2 km
- Skate or Classic
- Feb1st to 28th
TRAINING CANCELLED THIS WEEK!!
- Zoom Strength w/Carl
- Tuesday – Training Cancelled
- Thursday – Training Cancelled
- Thursday – Zoom Strength Session w/Carl
- Saturday – Goldbar Park – Stay Tuned!!!
Monday February 8:
- Zoom Strength W/Carl
- Please register w/Carl to participate
- Click HERE to contact Carl directly
Tuesday February 9: CANCELLED
Who: All Programs 😀 Where: Goldbar Park (Meet outside the Pavilion) Time: 6:30 pm to 8:00 pm What: All Groups Warm Up (5/5/5 and to include activation and mobility) Sprints/accelerations Intensity workout Technique: CLASSIC – but If in doubt, bring both sets of equipment. Bring: Face covering (mask or Buff) a drink belt, SKATE gear Some warm clothes for after!!
Wednesday February 10:
- Distance/Recovery Ski/Training Day
- Ski/Run/Ride 1.5 to 2 hrs at Z1 depending on your Training Plan
Thursday February 11: CANCELLED
- ZOOM STRENGTH W/CARL
- 6:30 PM (a Link will be sent out)
Who: Thursday Night Program Where: Goldbar Park (Meet outside the Pavilion) Time: 6:30 to 8:00 pm What: Strength/Drills/Coordination Training Strength on Skis: Legs only Upper Body Only Uphill Double Poling ETC. Technique: SKATE – but If in doubt, bring both sets of equipment. Bring: Face covering (mask or Buff) a drink belt, SKATE gear. Some warm clothes for after!!
Friday February 12:
- Active Rest Day
- Complete rest – (NO training) or active/recovery training.
- I.E. go for a walk or light ski, but keep it very, very light.
Saturday February 13: LIKELY CANCELLED – STAY TUNED
- Who: All Programs 😀
- Where: Goldbar Park (Meet outside the Pavilion)
- Time: 10:00 am to 12 noon
- All Groups
- Coach Driven Training:
- Warm Up (5/5/5 and to include activation and mobility)
- Intensity workout
- Group Specific (check with your coach) – but If in doubt, bring both sets of equipment.
- Bring: Face covering (mask or Buff) a drink belt, SKATE or CLASSIC gear Some warm clothes for after!!
Sunday February 14:
- Long slow Distance (LSD)
- Consider going to SWC for a distance ski.