- Restrictions apply but these are similar to the ones we have been adhering to all winter:
- Outside training
- In groups of 20 or less
- Masks to be worn when giving instruction
- Maintain 2m physical distancing
- Wash hands often!
Zoom Strength w/Carl
Tuesday – Group Training – “Long Intensity (Threshold)” – Ski Walking w/poles
Wednesday – Own training – go medium length but go easy
- Skate Drills/Coordination on SK Rollerskis
- In-person Strength Training W/Carl
Friday – Rest or Active Rest
Saturday – Group Training: “ 5km Skate TT!”
Sunday – Go loooong with LOW HR!
Monday June 21
Zoom Strength W/Carl
- Please register w/Carl to participate
- Click HERE to contact Carl directly
Tuesday June 22: Intensity – Supposed to be HOT!!!
Who: Summer Program
Where: Hawrelak Park (Parking Lot closest to pedestrian bridge)
Time: 6:30 – 8:00 pm
- Warm Up – Warmup to include all 5 training zones (start w/Z1 and move through each one)
- Follow up w/sprints/slow to fast accelerations WITH SKI POLES!!!
- Intensity workout – 5-8x Ski Walking w/poles up 4min hill (in shaded part of trail)
- RPE of 6-7
- Walking/Running Intervals
- Bring: Your STRIDING POLES
Wednesday June 23: Medium Day
- Distance/Recovery Ski/Training Day
- Ski/Run/Ride 1.5 to 2 hrs at Z1 depending on your Training Plan and how the body feels!!! RPE of 3-5
Thursday June 24: Strength and COORDINATION
- Who: Summer Program Participants
- What: Coordination Drill AND Strength W/Carl
- 6:00 to 7:00 Coordination Drills (NEW!!) on Rollerskis
- 7:00 to 8:00 Strength w/Carl
- Where: Kinsmen Park (Behind the tennis courts)
- Strength Stuff
- Bring: Bring a sense of purpose…and running shoes!
Friday June 25:
- Active Rest Day
- Complete rest – (NO training) or active/recovery training.
- I.E. go for a walk or light run or rollerski, but keep it very, very light.
Saturday June 26: “5 km SK TT – NE Bike Path!” Alternatively, 3 km or 5 km Running TT
- Who: Summer Program
- Where: NE Bike Path. Click HEREfor location and directions
- Time: 10:00 am to 12 Noon
- 5 km Skate TT – NE trail (we did this last summer)
- Start of TT @ 10:45 am
- Warm Up – Warm and Warm up routine as you have worked on and developed.
- Total time 25-30 minutes (includes Mobility and activation
- 5 km TT
- 30s individual starts
- Flat for first 3km and then there is a longish uphill
- There is a turn-around at 1.5km
- Significant uphill at 3.5km
- Rolling and winding last 1.5 km
- There are NO downhills (to speak of) during the TT
- 8-9 on RPE scale
- Cool Down
- 25-30 min
- Reflect on how TT went
- Where could you have gone faster, Where did you go too hard? Did you hold back anywhere? How was your technique? Your race strategy? How did you prepare (mentally and physically)?
- Technique and Bring:
- SK rollerskis (if rollerskiing), running shoes( if running).
- Prepare: Arrive with a sense of purpose to this training. It will be hard because you are not used to doing this type of racing/effort.
Sunday June 27:
- Consider doing something slow and long. 2-2.5 hrs at Z1 (conversational pace – 3 to 4 on the RPE scale)