- Restrictions apply but these are similar to the ones we have been adhering to all winter:
- Outside training
- In groups of 20 or less
- Masks to be worn when giving instruction
- Maintain 2m physical distancing
- Wash hands often!
Zoom Strength w/Carl
Tuesday – Group Training – “Long Intensity (Threshold)” – Ski Walking w/poles
Wednesday – Own training – go medium length but go easy
Skate Drills/Coordination on SK Rollerskis
- In-person Strength Training W/Carl
Friday – Rest or Active Rest
Saturday – Group Training: Skate Rollerski Training
Sunday – Go loooong with LOW HR!
Monday June 28:
Zoom Strength W/Carl
- Please register w/Carl to participate
- Click HERE to contact Carl directly
Tuesday June 29: Intensity – Supposed to be HOT!!! We may opt to CANCEL!! Stay tuned
Who: Summer Program
Where: Keilor Road/Alfred Savage Centre Click HERE for location and directions
Time: 6:30 – 8:00 pm
- Warm Up – Warmup to include all 5 training zones (start w/Z1 and move through each one)
- Follow up w/sprints/slow to fast accelerations WITH SKI POLES!!!
- Intensity workout – 5-8x Running/Ski Walking w/poles up 5min hill/section (in shaded part of trail). Walk down the stairs/steps.
- RPE of 6-7
- Walking/Running Intervals
- Bring: Your STRIDING POLES
Wednesday June 30: Medium Day
- Distance/Recovery Ski/Training Day
- Ski/Run/Ride 1.5 to 2 hrs at Z1 depending on your Training Plan and how the body feels!!! RPE of 3-5
Thursday July 1: Strength and COORDINATION CANADA DAY!!!
- Who: Summer Program Participants
- What: Coordination Drill AND Strength W/Carl
6:00 to 7:00 Coordination Drills (NEW!!) on RollerskisCancelled due to the HEAT
- 7:00 to 8:00 Strength w/Carl (TIME MAY CHANGE to the morning…Stay tuned)
- Where: Kinsmen Park (Behind the tennis courts)
- Strength Stuff
- Bring: Bring a sense of purpose…and running shoes!
Friday July 2:
- Active Rest Day
- Complete rest – (NO training) or active/recovery training.
- I.E. go for a walk or light run or rollerski, but keep it very, very light.
Saturday July 3:
- Who: Summer Program
- Where: Keilor Road/Alfred Savage Centre Click HERE for location and directions
- Time: 9:00 am to 11:00 am (Note the time!!)
- Technique and Bring:
- SK rollerskis (if rollerskiing), running shoes (if running).
- Prepare: Arrive with a sense of purpose to this training. It will be hard because you are not used to doing this type of effort.
- Technique and Bring:
Sunday July 4:
- Consider doing something slow and long. 2-2.5 hrs at Z1 (conversational pace – 3 to 4 on the RPE scale)