Yes…Covid is Here for a While Longer, For SURE!!:
- Covid hasn’t gone away. We need to keep doing the following:
- Maintain 2m distance as much as possible
- Wash hands often
- Do not share equipment
- Stay home if feeling sick or have COVID like symptoms
- Climbing at BlocsClimbing Gym
- Zoom Strength w/Carl
- Tuesday – Group Training – “Long RS Intensity (Threshold)” – Goldbar
- Morning Technique – Kinsmen
- Own training – go medium length but go easy
- Coordination and Drills
- In-person Strength Training W/Carl
- Friday – Rest or Active Rest
- Saturday –”To Your Stations” – Gallagher Hill
- Sunday – Go loooong with LOW HR!
Monday August 9:
Climbing at BlocsClimbing Gym
- 9:00 am to 10:30
- Click HERE for location and directions
Zoom Strength W/Carl
- Please register w/Carl to participate
- Click HERE to contact Carl directly
Tuesday August 10: Intensity – NOTE: It may be hot!!
Who: Summer Program
Where: Goldbar – Main Parking Lot
Time: 6:30 – 8:00 pm
What: Longish Intervals
- Warm Up: 20min
- 5-10min Z1, 10min Mobility/Activation, 5min of Accelerations
- Work out:
- Z5: 6 x 8s w/52s R
- Z4 (Race Pace) 4-6 x 5min w/3min R on slight steady uphill grade 20min Cool down
- We will be going over to Capilano to do the RS intensity.
- RPE of 6-7
- Rollerski – SK or Classic (You choose)
- Bring: RS Stuff
Wednesday August 11: Medium Day
- Morning Technique
- Kinsmen at 7:00 am
- On Your Own:
- Distance/Recovery Ski/Training Day
- Ski/Run/Ride 1.5 to 2 hrs at Z1 depending on your Training Plan and how the body feels!!!
- RPE of 3-5
Thursday August 12: Strength and COORDINATION
- Who: Summer Program Participants
- What: Coordination Drills AND Strength W/Carl
- 6:30 to 7:00 Coordination Drills
- Strength w/Carl
- Where: Kinsmen Park (Behind the tennis courts)
- Strength Stuff
- Bring: Purpose to “Be” there…and running shoes!
Friday August 13:
- Active Rest Day
- Complete rest – (NO training) or active/recovery training.
- I.E. go for a walk or light run or rollerski, but keep it very, very light.
Saturday August 14: Adult RS at Kinsmen and the Rest at Gallagher Hill
ADULT Rollerski Group
- Where: Meet at “Kinsmen” click HEREfor directions and location
- Time: 8:00 am to 9:30 am (Note the time!!)
- SK Technique and a bit of a ski by the beautiful Walterdale Bridgel!!
- Technique and Bring:
- SK RS stuff
- “To Your Stations”
- Where: Meet at “Gallagher Hill” Meet by the outdoor rink
- Time: 10:00 am to 12 noon am (Note the time!! BUT we may move up the time if still HOT!!
- 20-30 min Warm UP – includes Activation and Mobility
- Include 8-10 x 10s sprints/accelerations
- After the Warm-Up:
- 4 Stations @ 20min/station
- Different Work at each station
- 7 to 9 on RPE
- Technique and Bring:
- On Foot so bring running shoes and striding poles.
- Prepare: Bring a positive mindset!!.
Sunday August 15: LOOOONG Day
- Consider doing something slow and long. 2.5 – 3.5 hrs at Z1 (conversational pace – 3 to 4 on the RPE scale)