We are now under a State of Public Health Emergency, to protect the Alberta health care system. Covid continues to RISE and we are trending dangerously close to numbers that last year had us fall under heavy restrictions.
New restrictions became effective Sept 16, and necessitates us doing the following:
- If not already, get vaccinated,
- No changes to outdoor activities…but we will:
- Wash hands often
- Maintain 2 m physical distancing
- Wear a mask in all indoor public settings, and wear a mask when we meet for our pre and post talks.
- If feeling sick and/or have COVID or cold-like symptoms, stay home.
- Those Vaccinated: Indoor private social gatherings are limited to a single household plus one other household to a maximum of 10 vaccine-eligible, vaccinated people and no restrictions on children under 12.
Since outside training has not been affected means we can still train outdoors in groups. As of now we don’t need to be in groups of 10 or less (like last winter). And as long as we adhere to the above, we can train together outside. Let’s be diligent!
- Hinton Dryland Camp (YR’s) – September 24 to 26
- ENSC/Nordiq AB/FastTrax Roller ski Race – October 1
- Frozen Thunder – October 29 to 31
- Lake Louise Camp – November 12 to 14
- First Flakes Loppet – Sat Nov 27
- AB Cup 1/2 – Dec 18/19
This Week…At a Glance
Week #2 of the Fall/Winter programs Acclimatization Training
- Zoom Strength w/Carl
Tuesday – All Groups Training – “Acclimatization Training – first 2 weeks ” – Hawrelak
- Own training – Go medium length but go easy
- Coordination and Drills
- In-person Strength Training W/Carl
Friday – Rest or Active Rest
Saturday – All Groups – Continue w/acclimatization training – Goldbar
- Variety of Training
- Running Intensity w/poles
Sunday – Long Slow Distance (LSD) Training!
Monday September 20:
Zoom Strength W/Carl
- Please register w/Carl to participate
- Click HEREto contact Carl directly
Tuesday September 21: Intensity
- Who: Summer Program
- Where: Hawrelak – Meet at parking lot by the Pedestrian Bridge
- Time: 6:30 – 8:00 pm
- What: Longish Intervals for some, Acclimatization Training for most
- Warm Up: 20min
- 5-10min Z1, 10min Mobility/Activation, 5min of Accelerations
- Work out:
- According to your Lead Coach
- Warm Up: 20min
- Technique: Running/On Foot
- Bring: Pole striding stuff (always bring the poles “Just in Case”)
Wednesday September 22: Medium Day
On Your Own:
- Distance/Recovery Ski/Training Day
- Ski/Run/Ride 1.5 to 2 hrs at Z1 depending on your Training Plan and how the body feels!!!
- RPE of 3-5
Thursday September 23: Strength and COORDINATION
- Who: Summer Program Participants (Last day of Summer Program)
- What: Coordination Drills w/Luke and Wietske, AND Strength w/Carl
- 6:30 to 7:00 Coordination Drills
- 7:00 to 8:00 Strength w/Carl
- Where: Kinsmen Park (Behind the tennis courts)
- Strength Stuff
- Bring: Purpose to “Be” there…in running shoes!
Friday September 24:
- Active Rest Day
- Complete rest – (NO training) or active/recovery training.
- I.E. go for a walk or light run or rollerski, but keep it very, very light.
Saturday September 25:
Week #1 of Fall/Winter Program
- Where: Goldbar (main parking lot)
- Time: 10:00 am to 12 noon am
- Training according to your Lead Coaches
- Week 2 of acclimatization training
- Introductions and familiarization of different training modes
- Expect Light Training
- Consolidating the Warm-up Routine
- Consolidating the training modes – Ski Striding, strength, different training types
- Technique and Bring:
- Ski Striding w/poles (always bring them). Could be different if your Lead Coach has other plans for you!!
- Snack and drink for afterwards
Sunday September 26: Distance Day
- Consider doing something slow and long. 2 to 3 hrs at Z1 (conversational pace – 3 to 4 on the RPE scale)