We continue to be under a State of Public Health Emergency, in order to protect the Alberta health care system. Covid continues to RISE and we are trending dangerously close to numbers that last year had us fall under heavy restrictions.
New restrictions became effective Sept 16, and necessitates us doing the following:
- If not already, get vaccinated,
- No changes to outdoor activities…but we will:
- Wash hands often
- Maintain 2 m physical distancing
- Wear a mask in all indoor public settings, and wear a mask when we meet for our pre and post talks.
- If feeling sick and/or have COVID or cold-like symptoms, stay home.
- Those Vaccinated: Indoor private social gatherings are limited to a single household plus one other household to a maximum of 10 vaccine-eligible, vaccinated people and no restrictions on children under 12.
Since outside training has not been affected it means we can still train outdoors in groups. As of now we don’t need to be in groups of 10 or less (like last winter). And as long as we adhere to the above, we can train together outside. Let’s be diligent!
- ENSC/Nordiq AB/FastTrax Roller ski Race – October 1
- Frozen Thunder – October 29 to 31
- Lake Louise Camp – November 12 to 14
- First Flakes Loppet – Sat Nov 27
- AB Cup 1/2 – Dec 18/19
This Week…At a Glance
Week #3 of the Fall/Winter programs Starting the Build Phase
- Zoom Strength w/Carl
Tuesday – All Groups Training – “Starting the Build Phase ” – Gallagher Hill
- Own training – Go medium length but go easy
- Coordination and Drills
- In-person Strength Training W/Carl
Friday – Rest or Active Rest
Saturday – All Groups – Continue w/acclimatization training – Hawrelak
- Variety of Training
- Running Intensity w/poles
Sunday – Long Slow Distance (LSD) Training!
Monday September 27:
Zoom Strength W/Carl
- Please register w/Carl to participate
- Click HEREto contact Carl directly
Tuesday September 28: Intensity
- Who: Summer Program
- Where: Gallagher Hill – Meet by the Outdoor Rink
- Time: 6:30 – 8:00 pm
- What: Longish Intervals for most. According to your Lead Coach
- Warm Up: 20min
- 5-10min Z1, 10min Mobility/Activation, 5min of Accelerations
- Work out:
- According to your Lead Coach
- Warm Up: 20min
- Technique: Running/On Foot
- Bring: Pole striding stuff (always bring the poles “Just in Case”)
Wednesday September 29: Medium Day
On Your Own:
- Distance/Recovery Ski/Training Day
- Ski/Run/Ride 1.5 to 2 hrs at Z1 depending on your Training Plan and how the body feels!!!
- RPE of 3-5
Thursday September 30: Strength and COORDINATION
- Who: Summer Program Participants (Last day of Summer Program)
- What: Coordination Drills w/Luke and Wietske, AND Strength w/Carl
- 6:30 to 7:00 Coordination Drills
- 7:00 to 8:00 Strength w/Carl
- Where: Kinsmen Park (Behind the tennis courts)
- Strength Stuff
- Bring: Purpose to “Be” there…in running shoes!
Friday October 1:
- Active Rest Day
- Complete rest – (NO training) or active/recovery training.
- I.E. go for a walk or light run or rollerski, but keep it very, very light.
Saturday October 2:
Week #1 of Fall/Winter Program
- Where: Hawrelak Park (Meet in parking lot by the pedestrian bridge)
- Time: 10:00 am to 12 noon am
- Training according to your Lead Coaches
- Expect Light Training
- Continuation of the Warm-up Routine
- Consolidating the training modes – Ski Striding, strength, different training types
- Technique and Bring:
- Ski Striding w/poles (always bring them). Could be different if your Lead Coach has other plans for you!!
- Snack and drink for afterwards
Sunday October 3: ENSC Rollerski Event (NE Bike Trail)
- ENSC/Nordiq Alberta/FastTrax – Edmonton Fall Classic
- 5km or 10km Classic Rollerski Event
- More info and to register on Zone4 HERE
- Consider doing something slow and long. 2 to 3 hrs at Z1 (conversational pace – 3 to 4 on the RPE scale)