The Health Emergency remains in Alberta. Covid numbers and hospitalization is spiking. At present the best known means for us to remain active and social is to be vaccinated. If you aren’t vaccinated please consider doing this “yesterday!!”
At present we are following the restrictions that took effect Sept 16:
- If not already, get vaccinated,
- No changes to outdoor activities…but we will:
- Wash hands often
- Maintain 2 m physical distancing
- Wear a mask in all indoor public settings, and wear a mask when we meet for our pre and post talks.
- If feeling sick and/or have COVID or cold-like symptoms, stay home.
However there is growing concern from ENSC members and coaches alike that these measures do not go far enough, especially regarding those not vaccinated. Outside training has not been affected by the restrictions, meaning we can still train outdoors in groups. And we want to continue to train and meet the way we do now. At present we are NOT requiring proof of vaccination in order to participate in ENSC programs but this may change. We are waiting for word from Nordiq Alberta, but in absence of new direction form the Province we may need to make a Club decision regarding this proof. Stay tuned.
- Frozen Thunder – October 29 to 31
- Lake Louise Camp – November 12 to 14
- First Flakes Loppet – Sat Nov 27
- Hinton Day Camp – December 4
- AB Cup 1/2 – Dec 18/19
This Week…At a Glance
Week #4 of the Fall/Winter programs Starting the Build Phase
- Zoom Strength w/Carl
Tuesday – All Groups Training – “Continuing the Build Phase ” – Hawrelak Park – By the Pedestrian Bridge
- Own training – Go medium length but go easy
- Coordination and Drills
- In-person Strength Training W/Carl
Friday – Rest or Active Rest
Saturday – All Groups – Continue w/Build Phase – Gallagher Hill – meet by the Outdoor Rink
- Variety of Training
- Running Intensity w/poles
Sunday – Long Slow Distance (LSD) Training!
Monday October 4:
Zoom Strength W/Carl
- Please register w/Carl to participate
- Click HEREto contact Carl directly
Tuesday October 5: Intensity
- Who: Summer Program
- Where: Hawrelak Park (Parking lot by the pedestrian bridge)
- Time: 6:30 – 8:00 pm
- What: Longish Intervals for most. According to your Lead Coach
- Warm Up: 20min
- 5-10min Z1, 10min Mobility/Activation, 5min of Accelerations
- Work out:
- According to your Lead Coach
- Warm Up: 20min
- Technique: Running/On Foot
- Bring: Pole striding stuff (always bring the poles “Just in Case”)
Wednesday October 6: Medium Day
On Your Own:
- Distance/Recovery Ski/Training Day
- Ski/Run/Ride 1.5 to 2 hrs at Z1 depending on your Training Plan and how the body feels!!!
- RPE of 3-5
Thursday October 7: Strength and COORDINATION
- Who: Summer Program Participants (Last day of Summer Program)
- What: Coordination Drills w/Luke and Wietske, AND Strength w/Carl
- 6:30 to 7:00 Coordination Drills
- 7:00 to 8:00 Strength w/Carl
- Where: Kinsmen Park (Behind the tennis courts)
- Strength Stuff
- Bring: Purpose to “Be” there…in running shoes!
Friday October 8:
- Active Rest Day
- Complete rest – (NO training) or active/recovery training.
- I.E. go for a walk or light run or rollerski, but keep it very, very light.
Saturday October 9:
Week #4 of Fall/Winter Program
- Where: Gallagher Hill (meet by the outdoor rink)
- Time: 10:00 am to 12 noon am
- Training according to your Lead Coaches
- Expect some intenseTraining
- Solidify the Warm-up Routine
- Consolidating the training modes – Ski Striding, strength, different training types
- Technique and Bring:
- Ski Striding w/poles (always bring them). Could be different if your Lead Coach has other plans for you!!
- Snack and drink for afterwards
Sunday October 10:
- Consider doing something slow and long. 2 to 3 hrs at Z1 (conversational pace – 3 to 4 on the RPE scale)