Following is what we are up to this week. Note that it is supposed to get very wet early to mid week. We may have to alter or modify our training as a result. Stay tuned.
- Training “gets wet” this week. We may be wading through puddles and practicing getting used to training while raining!
- Classic 5km TT – NE Bike Path
This Week…At a Glance
Monday – Zoom Strength w/Carl
Tuesday – Hawrelak (park by the pedestrian bridge)
Wednesday – Go medium length but go easy
Thursday – Kinsmen – Technique and Strength Training
Friday – Active Rest Day
Saturday – NE Bike Path. Park at the Middle/Start of TT
Sunday – Long “Fast” Distance – but in Zone 1
Monday June 13: Online Strength
Zoom Strength W/Carl
- Please register w/Carl to participate
- Click HEREto contact Carl directly
Tuesday June 14:
- Where: Hawrelak Park (Closest to the pedestrian bridge). Click HERE for directions
- Time: 6:30 – 8:00 pm
- What: Ski Striding “The Ladder”
- Warm Up: 20min: 5-10min Z1, 10min Mobility/Activation, 5min of Accelerations (5×10 sec accelerations with 50 sec easy recovery
- Work out:
- 50 Strides up/25 strides down to the top, followed by 50 strides down/25 strides up back to the bottom.
- Times workout – 25 to 40 minutes (Aged dependent)
- Zone 3
- RPE of 6-7
Technique: On Foot – Bring striding poles
Wednesday June 15: Medium Day
On Your Own:
- Distance/Recovery Training Day
- RS/Run/Ride 1.5 to 2 hrs at Z1 depending on your Training Plan and how the body feels!!!
- RPE of 3-5
Thursday June 16
Strength and COORDINATION
- Where: Kinsmen Park – park near the tennis courts
- Who: Thursday Group
- Time: 6:30 pm to 8:00 pm (Some choose to come for 6:00 pm)
- What: Coordination drills, and strength on RS plus Carl Strength
- Warm Up: 10min: Ski to East of Walterdale Bike path
- Work out: Technique followed by Strength w/Carl
- When: 6:30-8:00 pm (Some choose to come for 6:00 pm)
- Technique: CL RS (if you have them, SK if not) and then running shoes
Friday June 17:
- Active Rest Day
- Complete rest – (NO training) or active/recovery training.
- I.E. go for a walk or light run or ski, but keep it very, very light and short.
Saturday June 18:
- Where: NE Bike Path – Click HERE for Location and Directions
- Time: 9:00 am to 11:00 noon – NOTE the TIME!!!
- What: Classic TT – NE Bike Path
- Start at 9:30
- 30 s Interval Starts
- 5km Distance
- Warm Up: 20-25 min Warm UP (Include all 5 Zones)
- Technique: CLASSIC rollerskiing
Sunday June 19:
- Long, controlled Distance
- Consider doing something slow, in control, and long. 2 to 3 hrs at Zone1 (conversational pace – 3 to 4 on the RPE scale). Think about going fast while still staying in Zone1!!