- Training may be wet again this week…but we’ll take one day at a time.
- Rescheduled Classic 5km TT – NE Bike Path on Saturday
This Week…At a Glance
Monday – Zoom Strength w/CarlTuesday – Gallagher Park (By the outdoor rink)
Wednesday – Go medium length but go easy
Thursday – Kinsmen – Technique and Strength Training
Friday – Active Rest Day
Saturday – NE Bike Path. Park at the Middle/Start of TT (We’ll try again)
Sunday – Long “Fast” Distance – but in Zone 1
Monday June 20: Online Strength
Zoom Strength W/Carl
- Please register w/Carl to participate
- Click HERE to contact Carl directly
Tuesday June 21:
- Where: Gallagher Hill (Park) (Closest to the outdoor rink).
- Time: 6:30 – 8:00 pm
- What: “15 Hills” – maybe as many as 30?
- Warm Up: 20min: 5-10min Z1, 10min Mobility/Activation, 5min of Accelerations (5×10 sec accelerations with 50 sec easy recovery
- Work out:
- Hill Striding (w/poles) for a continuous specified time.
- 35-50 min.
- The intensity should be a comfortable mid-Zone 3.
- In other words stride in control at all times – don’t go “too deep”; you should be able to talk in short sentences if you are striding with anyone.
- RPE at 6-7.
- Technique: On Foot – Bring striding poles
Wednesday June 22: Medium Day
On Your Own:
- Distance/Recovery Training Day
- RS/Run/Ride 1.5 to 2 hrs at Z1 depending on your Training Plan and how the body feels!!!
- RPE of 3-5
Thursday June 23:
Strength and COORDINATION
- Where: Kinsmen Park – park near the tennis courts
- Who: Thursday Group
- Time: 6:30 pm to 8:00 pm (Some choose to come for 6:00 pm)
- What: Coordination drills, and strength on RS plus Carl Strength
- Warm Up: 10min: Ski to East of Walterdale Bike path
- Work out: Technique followed by Strength w/Carl
- When: 6:30-8:00 pm (Some choose to come for 6:00 pm)
- Technique: CL RS (if you have them, SK if not) and then running shoes
Friday June 24:
- Active Rest Day
- Complete rest – (NO training) or active/recovery training.
- I.E. go for a walk or light run or ski, but keep it very, very light and short.
Saturday June 25: Trying the TT AGAIN!
- Where: NE Bike Path – Click HERE for Location and Directions
- Time: 9:00 am to 11:00 am – NOTE the TIME!!!
- What: Classic TT – NE Bike Path
- Start at 9:30
- 30 s Interval Starts
- 5km Distance
- Warm Up: 20-25 min Warm UP (Include all 5 Zones)
- Technique: CLASSIC rollerskiing
Sunday June 26:
- Long, controlled Distance
- Consider doing something slow, in control, and long. 2 to 3 hrs at Zone1 (conversational pace – 3 to 4 on the RPE scale). Think about going fast while still staying in Zone1!!