- Hot temperatures this week!!!
- 2 x 5km SK TT on Saturday – NE Bike Path
- Hinton Camp – July 17 to 22 (In Hinton…who knew?)
This Week…At a Glance
Monday – Zoom Strength w/Carl
Tuesday – Gallagher Park (By the outdoor rink) – “The Ladder”
Wednesday – Go medium length but go easy
Thursday – Kinsmen – Technique and Strength Training
Friday – Active Rest Day
Saturday – NE Bike Path – 2 x 5km SK TT
Sunday – Long “Fast” Distance – but in Zone 1
Monday July 11: Online Strength
Zoom Strength W/Carl
- Please register w/Carl to participate
- Click HEREto contact Carl directly
Tuesday July 12: Intensity on Foot
- Where: Gallagher Park (By the oUtdoor Rink Park
- Time: 6:30 – 8:00 pm
- What: “The Ladder”
- Warm Up: 20min: 10min Z1, 5min Mobility/Activation, Synchro A-B-C’s etc.
- Work out:
- 30-45 min of “The Ladder”
- Zone 3
- RPE at 6-7.
- Technique: On Foot – Bring striding poles
Wednesday July 13: Medium Day
On Your Own:
- Distance/Recovery Training Day
- RS/Run/Ride 1.5 to 2 hrs at Z1 depending on your Training Plan and how the body feels!!!
- RPE of 3-5
Thursday July 14: Strength and COORDINATION
- Where: Kinsmen Park – park near the tennis courts. Click HERE
- Who: Thursday Group
- Time: 6:30 pm to 8:00 pm (Some choose to come for 6:00 pm)
- What: Coordination drills, and strength on RS plus Carl Strength
- Warm Up: 10min: Ski to East of Walterdale Bike path
- Work out: Technique followed by Strength w/Carl
- When: 6:30-8:00 pm (Some choose to come for 6:00 pm)
- Technique: SK RS and then running shoes
Friday July 15: Active Rest Day
- Complete rest – (NO training) or active/recovery training.
- I.E. go for a walk or light run or ski, but keep it very, very light and short.
Saturday July 16: Long Intervals and Technique
- Where: NE Bike Path – Click HERE for Location and Directions
- Time: 9:00 am to 12:00 am – NOTE the TIME!! – We might finish earlier!
- What: Skate – 2 x 5km (two different courses)
- Warm Up: 20min (Include all 5 Zones and Activation/Mobility)
- TT #1 Starts at 09:30
- 30s Intervals
- Same 5km that you’ve done before
- Start at 17th Street and head east for 1.5km. Turn around and head west until you reach the gate.
- Roll back to 17th Street
- TT #1 Starts at 10:30 (or before if everyone is back at 17th Street)
- 30 s intervals based on reverse finishing order
- Start at 17th Street
- Head east until you reach the top of the Quarry Hill, just before the gate.
- Roll back to 17th Street.
- Technique: Skate rollerskiing
Sunday July 17:
- Long, controlled Distance
- Consider doing something slow, in control, and long. 2 to 3 hrs at Zone1 (conversational pace – 3 to 4 on the RPE scale). Think about going fast while still staying in Zone1!!
- Travel to Hinton
- Easy jog and Core routine once there.