Register for 2022/23 Learn-to-Ski HERE
- To develop a love for the outdoors and gain an awareness of cross-country skiing as a winter activity
- To develop the competencies required to engage in cross country (classic) skiing as a lifelong activity, and provide a path for new and novice skiers into the other Nordic ski programs (e.g. Jackrabbits, Track Attack, Youth Development, Biathlon).
- To engage parents and encourage family ski activities
- Ages 8 to 12
- None (youth new to skiing or with limited ski experience)
- Youth who have previously participated in the Learn-to-Ski program but would benefit from additional skills development prior to joining other ENSC programs (e.g. Jackrabbits classes, Track Attack, Youth Development) are encouraged to enroll in Learn-to-Ski for a second year. Each class will be divided into two groups based on age and skill.
What you learn:
- Double pole
- Diagonal stride
- Uphill using herringbone
- Downhill using high and low tuck
- Step and skate turns
- 1-step double pole
- Introduction to skate skiing (depending on overall advancement of the class)
- Classic or classic/skate combi skis. Classic skis include wax skis, fish scale skis, or skin skis.
- Classic length poles (pole should reach the armpit when the tip is in the snow)
- ENSC offers limited rental equipment. An email to all families registered in an ENSC program will be sent in late October outlining the details on how to rent equipment for the upcoming season
- Saturdays or Sundays from 1:30 PM to 3:00 PM
- This is a 12-week program starting in December and running into March
- The first day of lessons will be Dec 10/11 (with a 2 week break over Christmas)
- Weather permitting, there will be 12 lessons in the season.
- Learn-to-Ski (Classic): $120 and requires a family membership to ENSC.
- All participants in ENSC programs must be members of Cross Country Canada and Cross Country Alberta. This is an insurance and liability requirement. These fees are not refunded by ENSC in the case of a withdrawal of registration or cancellation of a program.
- Gold Bar Park
Contact email@example.com for questions about the program.