Adult Development (AD)
Do you cross-country ski regularly and would like to fine-tune your technique and fitness? Maybe you’ve completed an ENSC Adult Lesson or two, and now feel you want more. Adult Development (AD) will help you develop both classic and skate technique while enhancing endurance, speed, balance, and strength. Increase your fitness and technique during dryland training in the fall and then continue to improve by applying your developing skills on snow in the winter. Skiers have the opportunity to participate in local races and loppets, and Alberta Cup races if desired. Certified, committed coaches are present at every session to help you improve your technique and performance.
- Adults who have an intermediate skiing ability in bothskate and
- Adults need to have a basic level of aerobic fitness.
September 10, 2019 – March 21, 2020
- Tuesdays 6:30-8:00 pm
- Saturdays 9-11 am, following November 11, 2019practice will move to 10am-12pm
- Dryland locations will vary: Hawrelak Park, Goldbar, Edmonton Ski Club
- On-snow @ Goldbar. We can now expect a longer snow season with snow making capabilities at Goldbar!
*Last minute changes to locations and training plans can occur due to weather. Please keep up to date with training information on the ENSC Blog.
Wax feesAREincluded in registration.
- $430 1 x week
- $775 2 x week
- Plus ENSC Club Membership (Click HEREfor link to Membership benefits)
- Training sessions based on an Annual Training Plan (ATP)
- General weekly and daily training plans
- Coached training sessions
- Coach support at key events
- WAX FEE
- Ski Camp during Christmas Break
- Boots:combi or combination (skate and classic) boots are acceptable
- Skis:1 pair of classic skis, 1 pair of skate skis, but Combi skis are not suitable, as we sometimes work on both ski techniques in the same session.
- Poles:1 pair of classic length poles, 1 pair of skate length poles
- Ski striding poles for dryland training (7-10 cm shorter than your classic poles)
- Basic Wax Kit. Click HEREfor the content of the Basic Wax Kit
- “Rock” skis are recommended for early and late season training.