Adult Racing (AR)
Are you ready to bring your fitness to a new level? Do you want to fine-tune your racing skills? The Adult Racing (AR) program will focus on both physical and cognitive aspects of training. The program aims to integrate endurance and power into your ski performance and develop self-awareness as a skier. Coaches are present at every session to help you improve and achieve a competitive level of competence in order to race at a Provincial level or higher. Participants will be divided into training groups based on skill and fitness. Skiers will run, stride, and do general strength training during dryland sessions. On-snow sessions may include skiing continuously for up to 1.5hrs. Training plans will be provided and additional training outside formal ENSC sessions is expected. Participants will identify the group’s focus-races for the season. Coach support will be provided for key loppets and races.
- Adults who want to race
- Adults with intermediate classic AND skate skiing abilities
- Adults need to have an intermediate level of aerobic fitness.
September 10, 2019 – March 21, 2020
- Tuesdays 6:30-8:00 pm
- Thursday 6:30-8pm
- Saturdays 9-11 am, following November 11, 2019practice will move to 10am-12pm
Please note:sessions are run at the same time as other ENSC training groups for the convenience of families.
- Dryland locations will vary: Hawrelak Park, Goldbar, Edmonton Ski Club
- On-snow @ Goldbar. We can now expect a longer snow season with snow making capabilities at Goldbar!
*Last minute changes to locations and training plans can occur due to weather. Please keep up to date with training information on the ENSC Blog.
- $475 1 x week (Biathletes only have the option to register for 1 day-a-week).
- $820 2 x week
- $1165 3 x week
- Plus ENSC Club Membership (Click HEREfor link to Membership benefits)
- Training sessions based on an Annual Training Plan (ATP)
- General weekly and daily training plans
- Coached training sessions
- Coach support at key events
- WAX FEE
- Ski Camp during Christmas Break
- Boots:combi or combination (skate and classic) boots are acceptable
- Skis:1 pair of classic skis, 1 pair of skate skis, but Combi skis are not suitable, as we sometimes work on both ski techniques in the same session.
- Poles:1 pair of classic length poles, 1 pair of skate length poles
- Ski striding poles for dryland training (7-10 cm shorter than your classic poles)
- Rental of roller skis for dryland training is available through ENSC and is NOT included in registration fees.
- Basic Wax Kit. Click HEREfor the content of the Basic Wax Kit
- “Rock” skis are recommended for early and late season training.
- Clothing available to purchase online through our club website: https://www.edmontonnordic.ca/shop/
- With respect to the Lake Louise camp (Remembrance Day Weekend),ENSC will NOT have pre-booked rooms for participants. You will be responsible for finding your own accommodations with HI-Hostel Lake Louise or nearby hotels. Track Attackers must be accompanied by an adult as transportation and accommodations are the direct responsibility of the parent.