ATG: Adult Training Group (NOT FOR BEGINNER SKIERS)
Get ready for ski season! Dryland Training will review the important ski skills and get your rusty ski muscles primed and ready to go! This class is great for seasoned skiers and every level of skier to those who have never skied before but are planning to take lessons (get a head start on learning technique on grass before you must do it on slippery sticks). This class will include ski walking, core exercises, and hopping exercises but there will be no running. Please bring either a set of old ski poles or walking poles, a water bottle, a towel if you don’t want to lay on the grass, and wear suitable footwear for the weather and the exercises.
Trent/Roy, Mary Ann: ATG Dryland Session (5 sessions) ($100) (Max 20) – MONDAY 6:30-8PM – Sept 13, 20, 27, Oct 4, TBD REGISTER
On snow session:
20-week program (10 weeks before Christmas, 10 after) which focuses on technique development for Intermediate Level skiers and combines skill improvement with fitness. Intended for experienced recreational skiers with high fitness levels and body awareness. Join others who wish to advance their skiing ability to the next level. The course will also include dryland training, waxing, and race advice for those who wish to participate in loppets. It will include both skate and classic styles. Technique will vary depending on the snow and weather conditions so both sets of skis will be required by the first on-snow class. This ATG is also a steppingstone for those who wish to pursue the Adult Development/Racing group. This is not for beginner skiers.
Trent/Roy, Mary Ann: ATG On Snow Session (20 sessions) ($400) (Max 20) – MONDAY 6:30-8PM – Oct 18, 25, Nov 1, 8, 15, 22, 29, Dec 6, 13, 20, Jan 3, 10, 17, 24, 31, Feb 7, 14, 28 March 7, 14 REGISTER
- Adults who want to race and/or participate in loppets
- Adults with intermediate classic AND skate skiing abilities
- Adults need to have an intermediate level of aerobic fitness.
- $100 dryland session
- $400 for winter session
- Plus ENSC Club Membership
- Instructor guided training sessions
- Instructor support at key events
- Wax fee for coach supported events
- Boots: combi or combination (skate and classic) boots are acceptable
- Skis: 1 pair of classic skis, 1 pair of skate skis, but Combi skis are not suitable, as we sometimes work on both ski techniques in the same session.
- Poles: 1 pair of classic length poles, 1 pair of skate length poles
- Ski striding poles for dryland training (7-10 cm shorter than your classic poles)
- Rental of roller skis for dryland training is available through ENSC and is NOT included in registration fees.
- Basic Wax Kit
- “Rock” skis are recommended for early and late season training.
- Clothing available to purchase online through our club website: https://www.edmontonnordic.ca/shop/