TRACK ATTACK (TA) – Cross-Country & Biathlon
Track Attack (TA) continues where Jackrabbits left off. Certified coaches will lead Track Attackers in developing their endurance, fitness, and fundamental ski basics in a fun environment of games and activities. Both skate & classic ski techniques will be taught during the autumn dryland sessions and on snow in the winter months. ENSC provides coach support for those wanting to take part in loppets and races.
In other words:
- Fitness! Fun! Teamwork!
- Improve cross country ski technique
- Explore and enjoy many fun off trail ski activities
- Learn how to wax skis, race with confidence, and learn about safety.
Clothing available to purchase online through our club website: https://www.edmontonnordic.ca/shop/
- The TA program is for those who have completed the Jackrabbits ski program or can demonstrate equivalent ability in classic and skate skiing.
- Suggested Age: 10-12 years
Track Attack PLUS (TA+) – Learn to Train (L2T)
We offer an extra training day for TA’s who want a greater challenge. Thursday nights will provide a progression for more experienced TA’s getting ready to transition to Youth Development. Learn to Train is part of Nordiq Canada’s Long Term Athlete Development Plan. In the Learn to Train stage of development, athletes focus on enhancing basic skills in order to excel in cross-country skiing.
- TA skiers who want to increase their frequency and intensity of training.
September 12, 2019 – March 27, 2021
NOTE: Parent Meeting**First Saturday September 12 10am
- TA Tuesdays 6:30 PM – 8 PM
- TA Saturdays 10 – 12 PM
- TA+ Thursdays 6:30 PM – 8 PM
Please note:sessions are run at the same time as other ENSC training groups for the convenience of families.
- Dryland locations will vary: Hawrelak Park, Goldbar Park, Edmonton Ski Club
- On-snow @ Goldbar. We can now expect a longer snow season with snow making capabilities at Goldbar!
*Last minute changes to locations and training plans can occur due to weather. Please keep up to date with training information on the ENSC Blog.
Wax feesAREincluded in registration this year.
- $275 1 x week *For Biathletes only
- $300 1 x week *Saturdays only
- $485 2 x week *Track Attack
- $710 3 x week *Track Attack PLUS (must have approval and password from Head Coach to register)
- Plus ENSC Club Membership (Click HEREfor link to Membership benefits)
- Coaching by certified and experienced coaches
- Dryland and on-snow sessions
- Planned training sessions based on the Nordiq Canada Long Term Athlete Development (LTAD) model
- Nordiq Canada enrollment kit
- Team bonding events (e.g. winter triathlon, year-end celebration)
- Coach support at events (loppets and races)
- Wax fees
- Ski Camp during Christmas Break
- Boots: combi or combination (skate and classic) boots are acceptable, but Combi skis are not suitable, as we sometimes work on both ski techniques in the same session.
- Skis: 1 pair of classic skis, 1 pair of skate skis
- Poles: 1 pair of classic length poles, 1 pair of skate length poles
- Ski striding poles for dryland training (7-10 cm shorter than your classic poles)
- Basic Wax Kit. Click HERE for the content of the Basic Wax Kit
- “Rock” skis are not mandatory but can be useful for early and late season training.