Youth Development: Train-to-Train 1 (YD: T2T 1) – Cross-Country and Biathlon
The focus with YD is to continue developing overall fitness and ski specific skills in the autumn dryland and winter snow months. YD is a comprehensive ski program that aims to provide athletes will all aspects of cross-country skiing: classic, skate, touring, off-trail, racing, and ski playgrounds. Other activities are planned throughout the season to develop teamwork skills and a positive team spirit. YD provides the opportunity for skiers to develop ski-racing skills, both physical and cognitive. Skiers canparticipate in local races and loppets, Alberta Cup (AB Cup) races, and the Alberta Youth Championships (AYC).
- The YD program is for those who have finished the TA (or equivalent) ski program, or can demonstrate equivalent ability in classic and skate skiing.
- Suggested Age Range: 12+ years
Youth Development PLUS (YD+) – Training to Train (T2T)
Training to Train (T2T) is part of Cross Country Canada’s Long Term Athlete Development Plan. In the T2T stage of development, athletes will work on increasing endurance, speed, balance, and strength while further developing ski specific skills, both physical and mental.
The YD+ program is for skiers who want more focus on competition and/or looking for additional training.
- YD skiers who want to increase their frequency and intensity of training.
September 10, 2019 – March 21, 2020
- YD Tuesdays 6:30 PM – 8 PM
- YD Saturdays 9-11 am, CHANGES TO 10-12pm after November 11, 2019
- YD+ Thursdays 6:30 PM – 8 PM
Please note:sessions are run at the same time as other ENSC training groups for the convenience of families.
- Dryland locations will vary: Hawrelak Park, Goldbar, Edmonton Ski Club
- On-snow @ Goldbar. We can now expect a longer snow season with snow making capabilities at Goldbar!
*Last minute changes to locations and training plans can occur due to weather. Please keep up to date with training information on the ENSC Blog.
Wax feesAREincluded in registration.
- $275 1 x week *For Biathletes only
- $485 2 x week *Youth Development
- $710 3 x week *Youth Development PLUS (must have approval and password from Head Coach to register)
- Plus ENSC Club Membership (Click HEREfor link to Membership benefits)
- Coaching by certified and experienced coaches
- Dryland and on-snow sessions
- Planned training sessions based on the Cross Country Canada (CCC) Long Term Athlete Development (LTAD) model
- Team bonding events (e.g. Scare “O” orienteering, year-end celebration)
- Coach support at events (loppets and races)
- Wax fees
- Ski Camp during Christmas Break
- Boots:combi or combination (skate and classic) boots are acceptable,
- Skis:1 pair of classic skis, 1 pair of skate skis, but Combi skis are not suitable, as we sometimes work on both ski techniques in the same session.
- Poles:1 pair of classic length poles, 1 pair of skate length poles
- Ski striding poles for dryland training (7-10 cm shorter than your classic poles)
- Basic Wax Kit. Click HEREfor the content of the Basic Wax Kit
- “Rock” skis are not mandatory but can be useful for early and late season training.
- Rental of roller skis for dryland training is available through ENSC and is NOT included in registration fees.
- Clothing available to purchase online through our club website: https://www.edmontonnordic.ca/shop/
- With respect to the Lake Louise camp (Remembrance Day Weekend),ENSC will NOT have pre-booked rooms for participants. You will be responsible for finding your own accommodations with HI-Hostel Lake Louise or nearby hotels. Track Attackers must be accompanied by an adult as transportation and accommodations are the direct responsibility of the parent.