Youth Racers (YR) Cross-Country & Biathlon – Learn to Compete (L2C)
At this stage, athletes are already strong in fundamental ski skills, are establishing speed and strength as skiers and now are ready to enhance endurance with race strategy and tactics. The YR group aims to further develop skier’s self-awareness and independence. Training plans will be provided and additional training outside formal ENSC sessions is expected. The YR program will focus on both physical and cognitive aspects of training.
Program objectives include:
- Learning independent training habits,
- Beginning or continuing systematic training
- Increasing training knowledge and involvement with planning,
- Targeting efforts on specific goals,
- Provincial and/or National level race participation throughout the season,
- Team building exercises.
- Athletes wanting to participate in YR must have prior approval from the Head Coach.
- Skiers need to be committed to compete in Provincial and National level races
- Skiers need to be highly motivated and interested in improving personal skiing performance
- Suggested Age Range: 14+
September 10, 2019 – March 21, 2020
- YR Tuesday 6:30 PM – 8 PM
- YR Thursdays 6:30 PM – 8 PM
- YR Saturdays 9-11 am, CHANGES TO 10-12pm after November 11, 2019
- *it is strongly recommended YR register for Monday strength
Please note:Biathletes may register for the 1 day-a-week.
- Dryland locations will vary: Hawrelak Park, Goldbar, Edmonton Ski Club
- On-snow @ Goldbar. We can now expect a longer snow season with snow making capabilities at Goldbar!
*Last minute changes to locations and training plans can occur due to weather. Please keep up to date with training information on the ENSC Blog.
Wax feesAREincluded in registration..
- $365 1 x week *Biathletes only
- $715 2 x week
- $1045 3 x week
- Plus ENSC Club Membership (Click HEREfor link to Membership benefits)
*Cost does not include Monday Strength Training.
- Coaching and individual ATP by Head Coach
- ATP and training sessions based on the Cross Country Canada (CCC) Long Term Athlete Development (LTAD) model
- Coach support at events
- Wax Fees
- Monthly week-end training camps during the dryland season
- Ski Camp during Christmas Break
- YR skiers are encouraged to have separate race and training skis.
- Basic Wax Kit
- Rental of roller skis for dryland training is available through ENSC and is NOT included in registration fees.
- Ski striding poles are needed for dryland training (7-10 cm shorter than your classic poles)
- “Rock” skis are recommended for early and late season training.
- Clothing available to purchase online through our club website: https://www.edmontonnordic.ca/shop/
- With respect to the Lake Louise camp (Remembrance Day Weekend),ENSC will NOT have pre-booked rooms for participants. You will be responsible for finding your own accommodations with HI-Hostel Lake Louise or nearby hotels. Track Attackers must be accompanied by an adult as transportation and accommodations are the direct responsibility of the parent.