Teen Ski Group
Registrater for the 2022 Teen Ski Group HERE
- To develop a life-long love for the outdoors and winter activities that includes cross country skiing
- To refine and advance fundamental cross-country ski skills, with a focus on fun and fitness in a social peer environment
- To engage parents and encourage family ski activities
- For teens ages 13 and up
- None (for beginner, novice or intermediate skiers)
- Thursday 6:30PM to 8PM
- This is a 12-week program starting in December and running into March.
- Teen Ski: $110 and requires a family membership to ENSC
- All participants in ENSC programs must be members of Cross Country Canada and Cross Country Alberta. This is an insurance and liability requirement. These fees are not refunded by ENSC in the case of a withdrawal of registration or cancellation of a program.
- Gold Bar Park
- Other locations may be used for extra activities (other cross country ski facilities, adventure ski, Family ski days, and/or other ski locations)
- Initial focus on fundamental classic technique; skate-ski technique may be introduced/practiced depending on interest/skill of the group
- This program is more about getting out and exploring the trails and less of a formal lesson format. Instruction and opportunity for skills development will be provided in a more informal manner.
- Classic, or classic/skate combi skis. Classic skis include waxing skis, fish scale skis, or skin skis.
- Classic length poles
- ENSC offers limited rental equipment. An email to all families registered in an ENSC program will be sent in late October outlining the details on how to rent equipment for the upcoming season
- Dressing for cold
- Winter fire building
- Frost bite prevention
- Hypothermia awareness and prevention
- How skis and ski waxing works
- Skill building activities, trail exploration
- Exposure to ENSC Programs (Racing, Biathlon, Track Attack, Touring)
- Participate in any outings of the JR program
Contact email@example.com for questions about the program.